Monday, October 5, 2009

Delicious and Cheap Spaghetti Bolognese


We're pretty broke.

So, Brandon and I are always looking for delicious, cheap meals to help get us through the financially tight times without sparing flavor. Who says you need to eat bland, unseasoned bean soup every night just because you are a little low on funds?

I wanted to share with everyone one of our favorite "poor" dishes: Spaghetti Bolognese. It costs less than $10 and it will feed four people or, in our case, two people (one with a voracious appetite) for both dinner and lunch the next day.

Although the recipe looks deceptively simple and flavorless, it is not. Just make sure you use some really good veggie broth, plenty of Italian spice and oregano, and you are set. It's one of those recipes that you can totally mess with and make your own, although it is seriously fantastic just as it is. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for finding my blog! I used to live in Wrightsville Beach (Wilmington area), NC for 2 yrs then Myrtle Beach SC for 2 more. You are probably one of about 3 vegans in Greensboro I'd (sadly) imagine. Hang in there girl! Unless it's changed alot since I left which is entirely possible :) I was in NC/SC in 2000-04.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... it's pretty bad here, but we're lucky to be involved with a local vegan group with over 130 members! Pretty surprising!

    Your blog is awesome, btw. I love veggies and yoga too, so I knew I would enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete