Monday, October 19, 2009

Monday Night Vegan Football

Are you ready for some football? Chances are, there are not an abundance of football fans reading this blog, so "no" would likely be the common answer. However, this won't stop me from blogging about it anyway. This week, I get to watch the Denver Broncos play against the San Diego Chargers. Because of this, I've made my football snacks match the times that I've
spent in both Denver and San Diego.
A long time ago, in a West Coast far, far away, I was a surfer. And yes, as a surfer, my travels often led me to strange lands like San Diego, which according to Ron Burgundy means "a whale's vagina." In San Diego, citrus fruits and avocados reign supreme which is lucky for me, because there are few things that I love as much as a good avocado.
With that in mind, I've made guacamole, with a citrus twist.

Brandon's Easy-and-Obvious Guac


2 Avocados, ripe and ready
1/4-1/2 cup of your favorite salsa (I dig Newman's Own Chunky Garlic)
1/4 fresh cilantro (way chopped up)
Juice of half a Navel Orange
Juice of half a small Lemon
Juice of half a Tangerine
A few chopped up Scallions
1/4 cup Diced Onion
Dash to Dashes of Paprika, Salt, Pepper, and Chili Powder
A little hot sauce if you like, I'm all about Cholula

Mash it all up in a bowl and serve immediately. This goes great with chips or anything else you'd like to dip with and it's an excellent way to bring a little San Diego into your home.

The pictures of the guac were even worse then usual this time, so I decided to just put up a nice picture of an avocado. And now I'm hungry.


From Denver, we have mostly meat-based dishes, especially Rainbow Trout and Steak. However, Coors beer is known to "tap the Rockies" arguably making it the most recognizable edible item that stems from Denver. I hate Coors beer. However, did you know that Coors is vegan? And do you know what other beer Coors makes? Blue Moon. Yes, Blue Moon. Blue Moon is a very good beer and is very much worth trying out. Because it's brewed by Molson, just like Coors, Blue Moon is also vegan and is an excellent complement to my guac and chips (for the record, I'm digging Kettle Chips: Krinkle Cut... and
they're absolutely fantastic!)

So sit back tonight, watch the game, and enjoy some vegan guac, chips, and and ice cold beer. I can't think of anything better for Monday Night Football. Can you?


No comments:

Post a Comment