Sunday, October 11, 2009

Vegan MOFO Football Sunday: Pasta Salad

I don't know a man alive who doesn't love pasta salad. Additionally, I can't think of anything more manly than products with names such as Veganaise and Tofutti Sour Cream. With that in mind, one of my very favorite foods for football Sunday is my Mother-in-Law's famous pasta salad.

I don't know how she does it. I follow the same recipe. I use the same same methods, the same ingredients, the same ways of cutting vegetables... and yet my pasta salad never comes out quite as perfect as hers. Still, even when a novice like me butchers the recipe, it still comes out delicious, albeit not as delicious as when Mom makes it. She gave me permission to share the recipe, so you're all very lucky. Try it. Seriously.

Mom's Famous Pasta Salad:

Ingredients:

Box of spiral pasta (cooked according to the package directions, and then drained and cooled)
Veggies of your choice (I used diced up onion, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, red bell pepper, and frozen peas thawed out)

Sauce:
3/4 Cup of Veganaise
3/4 Cup of Tofutti Sour Cream
2 Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Sugar
Salt and Pepper to taste


Mix all the sauce ingredients until smooth. Toss the pasta and the veggies together in a large bowl. Mix sauce in with the pasta and veggies. Cover and refrigerate. Enjoy whenever you like, stirring before serving. It's best when you give it overnight for the flavors to mix together.

That's it! Easy and delicious!

1 comment:

  1. YUMMY! Looks and sounds amazing! Thank mom for sharing and thank you for sharing too.

    ReplyDelete