Friday, October 9, 2009

Veganized! Pasta with Walnut Sauce and Broccoli Raab

I waste a lot of hours reading the NY Times online. Maureen Dowd? Gotta love her. Plus, they always have these awesome looking recipes in their Health section. I rarely try them out, because I'm just not good at veganizing things. The other day, though, I found myself drooling over the Pasta with Walnut Sauce and Broccoli Raab. It is vegetarian, but not vegan. Since I had a big bag of walnuts lying around, I decided to veganize and see if it turned out to be as good as it looked.... and boy, did it. It was a perfect, creamy, light pasta dish. I'm very proud of my veganization of this recipe, even though I only had to replace a couple of ingredients.

So, here is what we did. We replaced the 1/3 cup of ricotta cheese with a 1/3 cup of the Vegan With a Vengeance recipe Basil-Tofu Ricotta and we replaced the 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese with a 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast. Also, I didn't have walnut oil, so I simply didn't use it at all... and I wonder just how much of a difference it would make if you did use it? We didn't have broccoli raab either. We just used regular old broccoli. It's a really simple fast recipe and it's very delicious. I highly suggest trying it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment